The Gift of Life
Blood is the most precious gift that anyone can give to another person — the gift of life. A decision to donate your blood can save a life, or even several if your blood is separated into its components — red cells, platelets and plasma — which can be used individually for patients with specific conditions.
We would like to invite everyone to kindly donate their blood held at Bisma Eight:
Thursday, February 23 2017
From 10 AM to 2 PM
Garden Suite #101
Jl. Bisma, Ubud, Gianyar
Bali, Indonesia 80571
Why Should I Donate Blood?
Safe blood saves lives and improves health.
There is a constant need for regular blood supply because blood can be stored for only a limited time before use. Regular blood donations by a sufficient number of healthy people are needed to ensure that safe blood will be available whenever and wherever it is needed.
Blood transfusion is needed for:
- women with complications of pregnancy, such as ectopic pregnancies and haemorrhage before, during or after childbirth;
- children with severe anaemia often resulting from malaria or malnutrition;
- people with severe trauma following man-made and natural disasters; and
- many complex medical and surgical procedures and cancer patients.
- It is also needed for regular transfusions for people with conditions such as thalassaemia and sickle cell disease and is used to make products such as clotting factors for people with haemophilia.