MEET OUR EXECUTIVE CHEF AND F&B MENTOR, DUNCAN McCANCE
In a bid to up the ante, Copper is ecstatic to Introduce Duncan McCance or “The Beard” (as he’s referred to in closer quarters). Duncan hails from Melbourne having spent time at some of the worlds best restaurants in Orana (Adelaide), Ekstedt (Stockholm), Burnt Ends (Singapore). He has a deep affection for sourcing locally and utilising modern cooking techniques, the food embraces the culinary simplicity and the flair of the contemporary kitchen. #beapartofourstory
[Duncan McCance, Melbourne born. Scottish father, Australian Mother. Trained in Melbourne before moving to London at 21. Worked at Burnt Ends after owning his own place in Melbourne.]
- He recommends some firm favourites at Copper Kitchen & Bar; Pork, fermented cabbage, crackling, apple for Dinner. Waffle, yuzu parfait, apple rye, date for Breakfast. Clams, arak, rice, herbs for a Starter.
- Last three restaurants he ate at; Bar liberty, Fitzroy, Melbourne. Pica, Ubud, Bali. Burnt Ends, Singapore.
- Fun fact: Duncan’s got another Chef in the Family; Thomas Woods, Co-owner/chef at Woodland House, South Yarra, Victoria, Australia. He’d prefer if you didn’t share that bit of info.
- Jam doughnuts are a no-no.
- Australian food is right now some of the most underrated ethnic food out there.
- He keeps getting inspired from traveling.
- A big bowl of pasta and a BBQ at the park always hits the spot for him!